Product Design Director
- Laid the foundation of system thinking and reusable components
- Maximized alignment with cross-functional partners, executives, stakeholders
- Lead weekly design sprints to enable new component functionality to our design system
- Drove quality design outcomes with best-in-class practices and tooling
- Enabled adoption of the design system across more than 30 international scrum teams
- Created a system that would work for Seismic + 4 acquisitions over 4 years
Leadership: Director of Product Design (Me), Software Architect, Sr Manager, Engineering
Design: 1 principle product designer, product designer
Eng: ~5 engineers
01 / Laying The Foundation
Joining Seismic through an acquisition I worked closely with leadership to audit the systems between Percolate and Seismic and find the right solution that would set Seismic up for success going into a high growth phase of the business. Finding that Percolate had a great foundation we used that as the new foundation for the Mantle Design System as we acquired two more companies. Our Sr. designer Sakshi Aurora from Percolate focused all her energy into supporting and building the system that would fuel Seismic's full suite of products today.
Reach out if you'd like a deeper dive into the process.